Minneapolis Dental Implants - Minneapolis Periodontics
Benefit of Dental Implants from Metropolitan Periodontists in Minneapolis
Metropolitan Periodontists, in Minneapolis, specializes in a variety of periodontal procedures including implant dentistry. Whether you're curious if implant dentistry is right for you or if you’re ready for a permanent, fixed solution to your missing teeth, you can count on Mark M. Wilson, DDS, for dental implant services in Minneapolis, MN.
What is a Dental Implant and How Does it Work?
Aside from restoring your chewing capability and enhancing your smile, one of the greatest benefits of having a dental implant procedure performed is that it replaces both your missing tooth and the root. A dental implant can be broken down into three basic components:
• Dental Implant Post
– This part of the tooth implant resembles a tiny screw. The dental implant post is made of titanium so it can integrate with your jawbone through a process called osseointegration. During the dental implant procedure, the dental implant post is first surgically placed, and then the patient is to heal so the implant is stable before the dental implant crown is attached.
– After the tooth implant post has fused with the jawbone, a custom abutment will be attached to the post. The abutment is a small metal cap that connects the dental implant crown to the dental implant post.
• Tooth Restoration
– The tooth crown is the dental implant crown that attaches to the post. The restoration is usually made of porcelain and is formed to match the color and shape of your surrounding teeth. Patients that are missing multiple teeth can choose to have an implant-supported dental bridge or dentures instead of multiple dental implant crowns.
What does getting dental implants involve?
Dr. Wilson will request a 3D image taken at our office of the area that is missing the tooth. The 3D image will determine the amount of bone in the area available to hold a dental implant. A bone graft may be necessary before a dental implant can be placed. After the implant is placed it will need to heal and integrate itself onto the bone for three to six months.
After your implant has healed in the bone you will be ready to have your implant restored with your general dentist who will take impressions for your new tooth.
You will receive care instructions when your treatment is completed. Good oral hygiene, eating habits, and regular dental visits will aid in the life of your new implant.
Implant Dentistry Options
Understanding that each situation is unique, Dr. Wilson offers several implant dentistry options including:
• Single tooth dental implants
• Multiple teeth dental implants
• Full arch dental implants
• All-on-4 implant dentistry
• Trabecular metal dental implants
As a periodontist who specializes in implant dentistry and an active member of numerous professional associations, Dr. Wilson is both experienced and committed to providing the highest level of personalized care.
Better Dental Implant Results with 3D Digital X-Rays
Metropolitan Periodontists has recently invested in a 3D digital x-ray machine, the CS 9300. This 3D digital imaging system allows us to take low-radiation digital x-rays of your mouth. It outputs precise, crystal-clear 3D and panoramic images, allowing for more accurate diagnoses and more precise dental implant placements. Coupled with Dr. Wilson's 30+ years of implant dentistry experience in Minneapolis, the CS 9300 3D imaging system allows us to take implant dentistry to the next level.
: Its precision delivers powerful insights into specific dental regions. For example, we can examine your bone anatomy or evaluate the extent of tooth fractures with unprecedented confidence. This capability is essential for a wide range of diagnostics that, in turn, help us devise your treatment plans and answer any questions you have about your care and treatment options.
• Reduced radiation exposure
: Our new 3D digital imaging system allows us to target precise areas, resulting in significantly less radiation exposure. We adhere to the ALARA (As Low As Reasonably Achievable) principle which we follow to minimize your exposure to radiation whenever diagnostic images are needed.
• Comfortable positioning
: Both seated and standing options are available.
• Improved care
: From more accurate diagnoses to precise implant dentistry treatment planning, this system improves care, reduces the need for multiple visits, and saves you time and money.
Questions about Dental Implants in Minneapolis? Ready to Restore your Smile with Dental Implants?
We are committed to delivering remarkable care, every time. If you have any questions about getting dental implants in Minneapolis, or if you would like to schedule a consultation
, contact us
. We're eager to help you with all your oral health care needs.